DescriptionPractitioners who care for patients with malignant melanoma and specialize in oncology, dermatology, family medicine, or internal medicine can update themselves with the latest developments, practices, barriers to care, and emerging therapies. This review program is very useful and upon completion of it, you will become eligible to:
- Describe challenges to effective diagnosis and prevention of malignant melanoma.
- Identify present and emerging treatment strategies for melanoma, weighing their risk-benefit profiles in the setting of patient cases.
- Recognize the appropriate therapeutic choices in individual patients with based on their demographic and clinical characteristics, applying them to patient cases.
- Discuss emerging therapies and their potential place(s) in therapy in melanoma.
- Describe barriers to care in the treatment of melanoma and develop strategies to ameliorate them.