You will be spending many hours preparing for the USMLE Step 2 CK, so it’s crucial to find a study guide that best fits your learning style and background. Don’t let a prep course that is not compatible with your learning style get in the way of passing this important exam!
Your goal is to pass the Step 2 CK exam the first time you take it, so you need to pick the course that is the best fit for your schedule and individual learning style. Otherwise, you will waste money and many hours of studying with materials that won’t help you succeed. Our job at CRUSH is to arm you with enough information to choose the course that is best for you!
For this reason, we have personally researched and reviewed every major Step 2 CK prep course on the market! The comparison chart below will help you figure out which online course best fits your needs.
USMLE Step 2 CK Course Rankings Comparisons & Discounts
- Smash USMLE Step 2 CK Prep Course
- Pass Program USMLE Step 2 CK Prep Course
- Kaplan USMLE Step 2 CK Review Course
- Board Vitals USMLE Step 2 CK Study Materials
- Doctors In Training USMLE Step 2 CK Online Course
- Becker USMLE Step 2 CK Prep Course
|Step 2 CK
|COMPANY||Smash USMLE||Pass Program Step 2||Kaplan Step 2||Board Vitals||Doctors In Training|
|FULL-LENGTH PRACTICE EXAM|
|VIDEO LECTURES||200 Hours||150 Hours||120 Hours||55 Hours|
|PASS OR MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE|
|FREE SMARTPHONE APP|
|STEP 2 CS ONLINE OPTION|
|STEP 3 OPTION|
|STUDENT SUPPORT||Instructor Email Support||Instructor Email Support||Instructor Email Support||Email Support||Live Chat, Email, & Phone Support|
|ONLINE ACCESS PERIOD||6 Months||5 Months||7 Months||6 Months||45 Days|
|READ MY FULL
|Read Full Review||Read Full Review||Read Full Review||Read Full Review||Read Full Review|
|GET STARTED||START NOW||START NOW||START NOW||START NOW||START NOW|
If you’re a student who prefers more hands-on interaction then attending a USMLE Step 2 live online prep course is essential. The ability to study on the go and attend sessions at times that are convenient for you is key to a great course experience.
Using a review course that isn’t a good match for your learning style can cause you to score lower or even fail your exam, costing you months of study time and additional exam fees. CRUSH is here to make sure that doesn’t happen!
BEST LIVE-ONLINE USMLE STEP 2 CK COURSES
|USMLE Step 1
Live Online Courses
|COMPANY||Pass Program USMLE Step 2 Live Online||Kaplan USMLE Step 2 Live Online|
|METHOD OF INSTRUCTION||8 Weeks of Live-Online Instruction||8 Weeks Live-Online Instruction|
|COURSE FORMAT||Class Options 8:30am-5pm EST (Monday-Friday)||Class Options 11am-9pm EST (7 Days a Week)|
|STUDENT SUPPORT||Dedicated Instructor Email Support||Instructor Email Support|
|ONLINE ACCESS PERIOD||4 or 8 Weeks||7 or 14 Weeks|
|READ MY FULL
|Read Full Review||Read Full Review|
|GET STARTED||Start Now||Start Now|
2021 BEST USMLE STEP 2 CK PREP COURSE RANKINGS
1. SMASH USMLE STEP 2 CK PREP COURSE
- Popular and Engaging Video Lectures: The Smash USMLE founder, Dr. Adeleke Adesina, has an impressive following among medical students, who love his upbeat and straightforward video lectures and explanations. Some of his most popular videos have been watched millions of times on YouTube!
- Extensive Question Bank: The Smash USMLE Question Bank includes more than 2,000 practice questions to help students prepare for the Step 2 CK exams. Detailed explanations help students learn why specific answers are right or wrong. The test bank can also be reset twice, and questions are reviewed regularly to ensure they are up-to-date. Practicing thousands of quality questions is a great way to raise your score on the USMLE!
- Performance Feedback and Analytics: The course dashboard makes it easy to monitor your progress and evaluate your performance as you study for the USMLE exams. One glance at the pie chart shows you the percentage of videos you have watched, and software keeps track of your performance on the practice questions so that you can tailor your studies to those areas that would benefit from additional practice.
- Low-Budget Videos: The streaming videos in this course may be popular and dynamic, but they are not in the same league as the professional videos created by more well-known review companies. Adesina’s accent is also somewhat difficult to understand in certain videos, although his English is very good.
The Bottom Line: Students who enroll in Smash USMLE’s Step 2 prep course will have access to 2,000 comprehensive practice questions backed by helpful analytics. Their video lectures are popular too, despite their low budget.
How do you rate Smash USMLE Step 2 CK?
2. PASS PROGRAM USMLE STEP 2 CK PREP COURSE
- Help When You Need It: There is a fantastic team of USMLE Step 2 CK instructors that are ready and willing to help with any question you have. Of course they will not tutor you, but if you miss a key concept you can reach out and get detailed answers quickly.
- Access: The USMLE Pass Program Advanced package includes 6 months of access. This is something that other USMLE providers have cut back on so keep an eye out when you’re comparing with other courses. It is very important to ensure you have all the time you need and so you don’t have to buy another course after yours expires.
- Fun Lectures: Dr. Francis knows how to motivate students and keep them engaged even online. His upbeat and comprehensive approach to teaching will ensure you understand all the key USMLE Step 2 CK concepts.
- Lesson Pacing: Exceedingly Long lectures that some of the competition offers make it hard to focus or even fit in time to study. The Pass Program has the ideal lesson pacing. Not too long or too short, enuring you aren’t overwhelmed with new information or bored with not enough.
The Bottom Line: Pass Program’s USMLE Step 2 prep course is well-paced and entertaining, ensuring that enrolled students stay motivated throughout its duration. If they are struggling with certain sections or concepts, qualified instructors will provide additional help.
3. KAPLAN USMLE STEP 2 CK PREP COURSE
- Large Question Bank and Video Collection: Kaplan Medical’s USMLE Step 2 CK course give students access to a large number of exam-like questions in a Qbank and include an extensive video library with 2,000+ questions. Cut hours off of your review time by watching videos at 1.5x their regular speed. The high-quality videos are informative and entertaining, making the large body of material less daunting.
- Diagnostic Exams, Quizzes, and Practice Exams: There are many opportunities for students to test themselves on the knowledge they must master before they sit for the exam. Diagnostic tests, shorter quizzes and full-length simulated exams give students practice and targeted feedback on their ability and performance.
- Mobile Friendly: All lectures can be viewed from your iPhone an Android device, making it easy to get your study hours in, no matter where you are located. The Step 2 CK Qbank includes a free app for you to work on practice questions and check answers as well.
- International Student Friendly: Kaplan Medical has first-rate options for International Students who are preparing to apply for a residency program in the USA. Live, Live Online and On Demand options are supplemented by immersive In Center learning opportunities and study centers with state-of-the-art facilities, computers, internet access, and helpful staff to answer questions.
The Bottom Line: It doesn’t matter where they are in the world: Kaplan’s resources for students studying for Step 2 of the USMLE are readily available. They offer a large pool of questions and quizzes that can also be accessed through a handy mobile app.
4. BOARD VITALS USMLE STEP 2 CK REVIEW COURSE
- Exam-Like Practice Tests: A timer helps students keep track of their progress on each question and the overall exam. You can move back and forth among questions, which are designed to match the difficulty level of the questions on the actual exam. You can also choose between the Timed Mode and the Review Mode when answering practice questions or taking a practice exam.
- Large Question Bank with Explanations: Detailed explanations and answers for every single practice question form the core of this prep program. You’ll have access to 1,500 board review questions to prepare for the USMLE Step 2 CK exam. Questions are written and reviewed by practicing physicians, medical faculty, or come from 3 leading medical publishers.
- Adaptive Learning Technology: You’ll get individualized question recommendations based on your performance. After you’ve answered practice questions and taken a practice test, you can compare your performance to that of other students. Your performance allows the program to suggest specific practice questions for additional study, so that you can focus on those areas that will benefit most from review.
- Great Price: For the quality of the material, you can’t beat the price. Priced between $79-$199 for up to 6 months of access, this course is a bargain and could easily be combined with other study materials. The pass guarantee makes this offer even better: Board Vitals offers free extended subscriptions to your course if you do not pass the exam for which you are studying.
The Bottom Line: BoardVitals does a fantastic job emulating the real test experience through their timed practice tests. They also offer highly detailed practice questions backed by adaptive learning technology at a very affordable price point.