If you’re looking for the best NCLEX prep course then you’ve come to the right place! Choosing the right NCLEX course online could be one of the most important decisions you make on your path to becoming a nurse.
You will be spending many hours studying, so it’s crucial to find the NCLEX course that best fits your learning style and background.
So here’s the good news – we have researched and reviewed all the NCLEX prep courses on the market so you don’t have to!
The comparison chart below will help you determine which course best fits your needs.
Compare The Top 9 Best NCLEX Prep Courses of 2021:
- NURSING.com NCLEX Prep Course
- Mometrix NCLEX Exam Prep Course
- Board Vitals NCLEX Study Materials
- Crush The NCLEX Prep Courses
- Kaplan NCLEX Prep Courses
- Brilliant Nurse NCLEX Review Course
- ATI NCLEX Study Materials
- D&D Nursing Educators NCLEX Prep Course
- Hurst NCLEX Review Course
Here are the best NCLEX prep courses to help you pass the NCLEX exam on your first try!
|NCLEX COURSE||Nursing.com NCLEX||Mometrix NCLEX||BoardVitals||Crush NCLEX||Kaplan NCLEX|
Get 10% OffSHOW COUPON CODE
Save $20SHOW COUPON CODE
|6 Months||1 Month||6 Months||12 Months||3 Months|
|GET STARTED||START NOW||START NOW||START NOW||START NOW||START NOW|
1. NURSING.com NCLEX Prep Course
- Unique Teaching Methods: If you suffer from dyslexia, attention deficit disorder, or similar learning disabilities, you can still have an excellent learning experience using this NCLEX review course. Its visual-heavy curriculum is designed specifically to meet your needs— but any student can benefit from its unique approach to teaching these concepts!
- Amazing Guarantee: This company is extremely confident that you’ll pass the NCLEX with the help of their prep course. You can tell because they have an unbeatable 200% pass guarantee— that means you’ll get double your money back if you somehow fail to pass the exam after following their course to the letter.
- Convenient and Accessible: Alongside your standard study tools like practice questions and flashcards, Nursing.com includes supplementary video transcripts and audio lectures. There’s also an easy-to-use mobile app that lets you access the same content on your smartphone or tablet. The multifaceted suite of study materials and access methods provided make it easy for you to study no matter where you are or what you’re doing.
- Reasonable Prices: You won’t have to worry about budgeting for your NCLEX review course if you sign up for Nursing.com. They have an affordable subscription deal that requires three payments of less than $100, which nets you six months of access. You can also try their course for three days by only paying $1.
The Bottom Line: Whether you struggle with standard teaching methods or just want to experience something different, Nursing.com is an extremely impressive and engaging NCLEX prep course. Try out their three-day trial and you’re bound to stick around for the next six months!
- Risk Free Trial: Try before you buy. If you don’t like it get a full refund, no questions asked. This has to be one of the longest free trials we’ve seen out there. Get a full week (7 days) to mull things over and decide if Mometrix NCLEX is right for you.
- Learn by Repetition: This course includes over 600 flashcards, covering basic Ccre and comfort, coordinated care, safety, infection control, health promotion and maintenance, plus many more.
- Full Length Practice Tests: There’s 8 total full length RN exam practice tests. With 1100+ practice questions and lesson reviews, you can test yourself again and again to build confidence for the exam.
- Monthly Pricing: This is one of the only NCLEX prep courses that allows you to pay monthly. That means if you only use it for a couple months and pass the exam you can save hundreds of dollars compared to the other providers.
The Bottom Line: Mometrix NCLEX is a solid value option, packed with only the things you need to pass the exam. There are much more full featured options from the competition, but if you want to get started at a great low and monthly price Mometrix is it.
- Pass Guarantee: Free trials and a pass guarantee make this course a no brainer. Even if you don’t like it you can always get your money back. Better yet there are also free practice questions on their Blog to get your started.
- Smart Learning Technology: You’ll get individualized question recommendations based on your actual answers to practice questions. Board Vitals’ intuitive learning management software identifies areas where you’ll need additional help to pass.
- Large, Updated Question Bank: There’s over 3,300 RN questions plus another 1,000+ PN questions from medical publishers and NCLEX question writers simulate the 4 major areas covered on the NCLEX. All the questions follow the format of the actual exam, including multiple choice questions and open-ended questions. The NCLEX RN question bank tends to have more difficult questions than the actual exam which is a huge perk.
- Unique Practice Tests: You can create your own customized practice tests by choosing the amount, difficulty level, and the type of questions in a bunch of categories. This allows you to test yourself on the actual questions you need to practice before you take the NCLEX exam.
The Bottom Line: In addition to thousands of practice questions and complex adaptive learning features, BoardVitals gives students the ability to generate a virtually unlimited amount of customizable NCLEX practice quizzes.
- F1 Year Of Access: While you don’t actually have to pick 12 months, we definitely suggest it. You’ll want the extra time to make sure you aren’t rushed, but even if you want to pass faster they have options for as little as 1 month. The 1 month is a great way to get acquainted with the Crush NCLEX platform without committing long term.
- NCLEX Video Lessons: The Crush NCLEX review course includes over 100 hours of high quality videos that help walk you through each concept in a clear and straightforward way.
- Exam Questions: Crush NCLEX specializes in creating practice questions and learning materials that replicate what nursing students are given in the real examination. This helps you get squinted and comfortable with the exam much faster.
The Bottom Line: This NCLEX prep program is unlike many others because it allows students to fine-tune their access period and price. Crush NCLEX also provides helpful practice questions and video lectures
How do you rate Crush NCLEX Prep Course?
5. KAPLAN NCLEX REVIEW COURSE
- Feature Packed: The Kaplan NCLEX Qbank now features 3D biodigital images, 2,100+ exam like practice questions, 3 full length adaptive tests, 300+ NCLEX content videos, strategy sections, 500 page ebook, and more.
- Phone Friendly: Easy access to some of the NCLEX-RN questions from your iPhone or iPad is a great perk for any busy nursing students. The mobile NCLEX-RN Mini Qbank includes over 180 test-like questions, allows you to create practice exams, and includes detailed explanations for the correct answers.
- Question Bank: Kaplan offers a comprehensive NCLEX question bank with over 3,000 practice NCLEX-RN questions and over 1,000 NCLEX-PN questions. If you don’t have the cash to buy a full course, you can opt for month-to-month access to the question bank or purchase the NCLEX-RN® Content Review Guide ebook separately.
- Guarantee: Kaplan offers a money back guarantee for their NCLEX Review Courses. Qualified candidates will receive a 100% tuition refund or a free 90 day continuation of their prep course enrollment as long as they meet all eligibility criteria.
The Bottom Line: With the ability to choose from different access packages, Kaplan provides versatility for NCLEX students on a budget. They also provide over 4,000 practice questions and a terrific mobile app.
6. BRILLIANT NURSE NCLEX PREP COURSE
- Adaptive Learning Technology: The competition has nothing on the Brilliant Nurse NCLEX platform that adjusts to your weaknesses automatically. This adaptive learning tool will save you time and ensure you pass on your 1st try.
- Pass Guarantee: Brilliant Nurse is so confident about their platform and content they offer a simple straightforward pass guarantee. If you fail, you’re subscription will will continue free of charge.
- Lessons: This course has some of the most comprehensive NCLEX lessons and review materials. There are thousands on practice questions, rationales and more.
- Study On Your Time: This course has one of the best mobile platforms we’ve seen. This gives you the ability to study on your own time and quite literally anywhere.
The Bottom Line: Brilliant Nurse has a lot going for their NCLEX review program, like a convenient mobile app and powerful adaptive learning technology. Their excellent pass guarantee should appeal to curious med students.
7.Virtual-ATI NCLEX Study Materials
- Personal Mentors: Virtual-ATI Review offers one-on-one coaching to all students. You’ll be assigned a personal mentor, who will interact with you on an individual basis, offer tips, study plans, and individual assessment and recommendations. Each coach is a Nurse Educator with a masters degree and at least 5 years of teaching experience.
- 2 Mobile Apps: Virtual-ATI offers two mobile apps that can be purchased separately. The MobileMentor RN-NCLEX app and the Active Stack Pharmacology Flash Cards app are compatible with iOS and Android devices. Study for the NCLEX on the go whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
- Range of Study Materials: Virtual-ATI’s wide range of study materials, including an online bookshelf, audio Powerpoint lessons, 500+ practice questions with rationales for correct and incorrect answers, mobile apps, and more than 250 online learning activities and printable resources will meet almost every type of learner’s needs. The combination of traditional NCLEX study guides and interactive study methods means there is something for everyone.
- Audio Lectures: There are no video lectures included in Virtual-ATI’s courses. Instead, ATI uses mostly audio Powerpoint lessons and lectures, making them seem somewhat outdated compared to the competition. This may also not be the most effective way for some students to learn.
8. D&D Nursing Educators NCLEX Prep Course
- Concise Course: Instead of a time-consuming course that covers everything that could possibly be related to nursing, D&D offers a more concise program that focuses on the critical information you need to know for the NCLEX exam. By taking out unnecessary information that is not tested frequently, DD helps you learn and memorize the material in a short amount of time and helps you study more effectively.
- Individualized Support: D&D offers an instructor-driven study program with individual assessment and study plans based on your current strengths and weaknesses. Create a study plan based on what you need additional help with and turn your weaknesses into strengths. Personal coaching is available for a small fee for those students who want a custom study plan.
- Comprehensive Online Study Program: D&D offers everything you need to pass the NCLEX-RN or PN exams right from your computer or tablet. With more than 160 video clips, 3,500 practice questions, a simplified course book, and email support, you’ll get a comprehensive learning and review course. Learn strategies to analyze and break down test questions to improve your critical thinking from wherever you are and at your own pace.
- Extra Cost for Certain Features: If you prefer to study from a physical course book or with the help of a personal coach, you will have to pay an additional fee for those options. Although D&D’s prices for the entry level options are low, the fees will add up based on the additional features you choose. Students on a budget should add up the various features to see if the total cost of the course remains in their price range.
9. Hurst NCLEX Review Course
- Straight-forward, Easy-to-Understand Course: Hurst takes a straightforward approach that breaks down what you need to know to pass the NCLEX. The courses introduce information in a logical, easy-to-remember pattern and focuses on the information that is most likely to be tested. Many students report success with Hurst by passing the NCLEX on their first try or after they have failed once before with another study program.
- Several Practice Exams: Hurst’s courses include a number of practice exams to help prepare students for the actual NCLEX exams. These practice tests allow students to answer realistic NCLEX questions in a simulated test experience once they have covered the core content and testing strategies in the review. Hurst NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN students have access to 6 and 3 practice exams, respectively. All practice exams contain 125 questions and are timed at 188 minutes.
- Helpful Strategies to Pass the Exam: Hurst teaches students various test strategies to prepare them to pass the NCLEX on the first try. The program is designed to teach core strategies that can be used to pass each part of the exam, and is accompanied by a set of questions to help students practice and refine their skills. This teaches students how to pass the exam instead of simply telling them what to study.
- No Mobile App: Although Hurst offers both live in-person courses and self-paced on-demand review options, there is no mobile app to make studying more convenient for busy nursing students. If students want an app to help them prepare for the NCLEX, they will have to choose an app from another test prep company or developer.
TOP RATED NCLEX REVIEW COURSE DISCOUNTS
Kaplan NCLEX Promo Code – Save $75
Crush NCLEX Coupon Code
Exam EDGE NCLEX – Save 10%
Board Vitals NCLEX Coupon Code
THE BEST NCLEX PREP COURSES RESEARCH
GraduateX NCLEX review course provides a no frills approach to learning. They pack the most NCLEX practice questions among the competition and offering a great value overall. While their dashboard leaves a lot to be desired you appreciate the access to active student forums to get all your questions answered.
HOW WE FOUND THE BEST NCLEX REVIEW COURSES
We expected adaptive resources, engaging instructors, and widespread availability.
We started by compiling a list of the eight NCLEX review course providers and separated their courses into three categories: self-paced, live online, and in-person. Few companies offer all three methods, while others specialize in a single format. We evaluated each method separately, rather than, say, looking for a single provider that offers all three. After all, the provider of the best self-paced course, for example, may not have very great instructor-led programs. Each method has it’s own advantages, and we created specific criteria for each method to find the best prep course for each category.
Self-Paced NCLEX Review Courses
In that sense, the best self-paced courses should have customizable or automatic study tools to help you pinpoint and target your weaknesses. Tools that adapt to you allow you to make the most of your study time, rather than waste it reviewing content you’ve already learned.
Live Online NCLEX Review Courses
Live online courses are ideal for those who want the extra guidance and feedback of real instructor but don’t have time for or aren’t near an actual physical class. The pre-scheduled sessions mean you won’t have complete control over your study schedule, but many providers do offer extra flexibility or a wide range of class times. Best of all you can do so from the comfort of your home or other study space, and this added structure may benefit students who need a little extra help or motivation while preparing for the NCLEX.
A great live online course will have extra engaging instructors to keep you focused and motivated during lessons. The best will have instructors who offer comprehensive feedback both in and out of class, so you can feel confident that you’ve had the chance to address any questions. Courses with the most instructor interaction ensure you can get the help you need rather than getting stuck and having to wait for the next class.
We gave courses like Kaplan NCLEX extra points for allowing you to contact your instructor outside of class. Most of the competition does not.
At the same time, your instructor should be experienced with Nursing and the NCLEX exam. To be fair, evaluating an instructor can be be a little subjective, but our research and testing show certain methods are more effective than others. For example, we liked in Kaplan’s NCLEX course knowing our instructors were highly trained in the topics they taught.
In any case, we gave preference to the courses that managed to strike the best balance between engaging informative instructors and adaptive study tools. Instructor quality is arguably the most important part of a live online course, but the best should still offer great resources for the times where you do have to study on your own.
In-Person NCLEX Review Courses
As the name suggests, these courses meet in physical classrooms and offer the most normal learning experience. If you enjoy discussing subject material and test-taking strategies with an instructor in person and with fellow students, an in-person course is the way to go. It’s important to note though, that this format is also the most time consuming and may not be available in your area.
These courses are also most often the hardest to find. Check out your local options at your school or local or state-based prep courses can also offer quality resources and personalized attention from instructors. We can’t recommend local options for everyone just because of the shear time it would take so we didn’t consider them, but it’s worth seeing what courses are available in your area with a simple Google search and your zip code.
Courses had to offer at least 2,000 NCLEX practice questions.
No matter what delivery method you choose, when it comes to exam review there is one study tool that reigns supreme: practice questions. There is abundant evidence that taking practice questions is one of the best learning strategies for improving a student’s testing performance. Known as the testing effect, practice questions help the brain recognize a particular question type or format. This allows students to more quickly process the subject material and identify the best strategy for answering it.
Not all practice questions are made equal, though.
Since the most commonly recommended preparation period is two to three months, the best NCLEX review course will have at least have 2,000 or more practice questions. This ensures students will have a variety of questions to test their skills with rather than retaking one they may have inadvertently memorized.
Practice makes perfect which is why we recommend so many questions, but so do breaks! Studying for too long without breaks can lead to high stress and lead to burnout. Research shows that taking breaks actually aids in your learning abilities, so make sure your study schedule includes short breaks at regular intervals to keep you fresh.
The truth is, many review courses don’t really have many concrete advantages over others, and each of them will have different flaws for different students. Whether it’s an instructor or a price tag. That said, we were still able to identify some differences that affected our study experience. We tried out NCLEX free trials and evaluated sample materials to compare the features likely to make the most difference to most learners: easy-to-follow explanations, engaging resources, and the reassuring guidance to build confidence while studying.
The best resources for studying, whether an on-demand video lesson, a set of quizzes, or a printed book, should be engaging. Adaptive resources are important, but NCLEX review courses also provide additional resources that don’t necessarily have to be customizable. For example, books are widely considered one of the best study materials available. We gave preference to courses like Crush the NCLEX that offer video lessons with integrated and interactive quizzes because they’re more likely to engage students.
No matter what delivery method you choose, there should be some degree of guidance to help you study effectively. Whether in the form of student forums or personalized study plans, the best NCLEX review course won’t make you prepare completely on your own, even if you choose a self-paced option. Providers like GraduateX offer access to a student forum and Crush the NCLEX have email support from instructors for additional guidance and confidence during a course.
After hours of comparison, we were left with our top 7 best NCLEX review courses online (one managed to take top spot for both in-person and live online) that offered helpful features and explanations that improved the studying experience for each method.
So what are you waiting for? Get started and pass the NCLEX on your first try!