Choosing the USMLE Step 3 prep course that is the best fit for your individual learning style is the most important decision you will make when it comes to passing this final USMLE test on the first try.
You will be spending many hours studying, and the difference between successfully passing or failing the USMLE Step 3 exam could well depend on how well your study materials prepare you. A prep course that isn’t a good fit for your learning style might result in a lower score or even failing the exam, costing you months of study time and additional exam fees.
Here at CRUSH the USMLE we have personally researched and reviewed every major Step 3 review course on the market so you don’t have to!
Best USMLE Step 3 Prep Courses of 2023
- Kaplan USMLE Step 3 Prep Course
- Board Vitals USMLE Step 3 Study Materials
- The Pass Machine USMLE Step 3 Question Bank
- Uworld USMLE Step 3 Practice Questions
- Doctors In Training USMLE Step 3 review course
1. Kaplan USMLE Step 3 Prep Course
The Step 3 USMLE exam is one of the most important exams you’ll take as a medical student. If you want to succeed, choosing the right prep course is key. Kaplan has a highly rated and comprehensive USMLE Step 3 prep course that provides everything you need to succeed. The course has been designed by experienced physicians and includes more than 4,000 questions. In addition to practice tests, flashcards and quizzes, it includes a study guide and online resources. So if you’re serious about preparing for the exam, choose Kaplan!
If you are looking to pass the USMLE Step 3 exam with flying colors, then the Kaplan’s USMLE Step 3 prep course is exactly what you need. This is by far the most comprehensive course course available. It covers all aspects of the exam, from pathology to pharmacology to physiology and more. The course is highly interactive which means that you will be able to ask questions and get help from tutors whenever needed. So don’t wait any longer – start your journey toward success today by enrolling in the Kaplan USMle Step 3 prep course!
Pros of Kaplan USMLE Step 3
- Options to suite your learning style: Self paced, Live-Online and In-Person USMLE classes available
- Highly engaging lectures (for the live online option)
- Comprehensive full featured course with all the bells and whistles
- Fair pricing with discounts available
Kaplan USMLE Step 3 Course Features:
- 100+ hours of lectures online
- 100+ on-demand video lectures covering basic clinical sciences
- Membership in a closed Facebook group with access to a medical advisor
- 900+ USMLE practice questions
- 5 evaluation tests and a diagnostic exam to determine each person’s strengths and shortcomings
- 2 volumes of printed and digital lecture notes with readable color illustrations and tables
The Kaplan USMLE Prep Course Discounts
2. Board Vitals USMLE Step 3 Study Materials
Board Vitals is the place to go if you’re looking for a budget option to pass the USMLE Step 3. Their online USMLE Step 3 study materials offer high-quality MCQ’s and interactive questions that help you improve your score. Additionally, their study guide is comprehensive and provides detailed explanations of all the topics covered in the exam.
- Pricing is very affordable with their most expensive option being $249 for 6 months of access
- 100% Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the USMLE Step 3 exam BoardVitals give you the same amount of free time as you purchased at a previous date in time (3m/6m/12m), or 50% off a longer package.
- Ask a Clinician feature that allows you to get your questions answered when you are struggling with any of their MCQ’s
- No live or live-online course options
- No dedicated access to instructor
- Practice exams cost more (make sure to buy a few at least!)
BoardVitals USMLE Step 3 Course Features:
- 1,550+ USMLE Step 3 practice questions
- USMLE Step 3 – practice tests (available)
- Ability to utilize reports and cutting-edge analytics to monitor your success
- Mobile app to study on the go
Studying for the USMLE Step 3 board can be a daunting task, but using BoardVitals will make the process much easier. Board Vitals’ user-friendly app and overall interface makes studying an enjoyable experience. If you don’t need a full review course, BoardVitals offers the best USMLE Step 3 qbank around.
Best BoardVitals USMLE Coupon Codes
3. The Pass Machine USMLE Step 3 Qbank
With The Pass Machine, you can get access to USMLE Step 3 practice questions for the exam right on your phone. And with 4,200+ questions for you to choose from, it’ll be easy for you to build up your knowledge and prepare yourself for success.
4,200+ questions? Sounds like a lot, right? Well, this is the most comprehensive USMLE Step 3 practice bank you can get online.
- Large Question Bank: Access to 4,200+ MCQ’s. Each question closely adheres to the framework and outline of the USMLE test topic.
- Flashcards: The Pass Machine’s USMLE Step 3 question bank offers both flashcard and practice exam modes
- Detailed Explanations: : Unlike other USMLE qbanks, The Pass Machine provides cited explanations, enabling you to understand the “how” and “why” of each question.
- The Pass Machine only offers a test bank, no additional USMLE study materials
- Pricing: Other options offer more at their current price point
How Long Do I Need To Study For Step 3?
Students typically need two to eight weeks to get ready for the USMLE Step 3. However, there is no single answer to the question of how long you need to study for Step 3. Every person has a different studying style, so it’s important to find a plan that works for you. The best way to do this is by taking a practice test and seeing how you do. From there, you can adjust your plan accordingly. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, start by studying for a shorter amount of time and see how that goes. Ultimately, the key is to stick with the plan that works for you and makes you feel comfortable. Once you have an idea of what works best for you, don’t change it! You can also use tools like Cramfighter to help you create a study plan for Step 3.
How Hard Is It To Pass USMLE Step 3?
Compared to USMLE STEP 1 and STEP 2 CK, USMLE STEP 3 is not as challenging. You should still set aside ample time to study for it and become familiar with the CCS cases as they are exclusive to this test.
What Is A Good Score For Step 3?
Getting ready for the USMLE Step 3 exam is important, but it’s not easy. That’s why it’s important to get the right preparation course for you. A step 3 score of 240 or higher is generally considered great, but there are a variety of paths you can take to get there. That’s why it’s important to do your research and find the course that is right for you. Make sure you’re taking advantage of all the resources available to you – books, flashcards, practice tests etc. Once you have a good understanding of what is required for a high score, it’s time to get started!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find the right course for me?
When you’re looking for a USMLE Step 3 prep course, it’s important to first identify what your goals and interests are. You can then narrowing down your search by studying the curriculum overviews and reviews of each course. Once you’ve found a course that meets your needs, make sure to compare the price point, location, clinical skills training offered, and more.
Is there a downside to taking multiple USMLE Step 3 prep courses?
There is no downside to taking multiple USMLE Step 3 prep courses as long as you’re prepared for the exam. In fact, it can actually make studying for the exam more straightforward and easier. By focusing on one topic at a time, you can make memorization process easier. On the other hand, if you’re taking many different types of course, it may be harder to retain all of the information. However, by using study materials and flashcards specifically designed for USMLE Step 3 prep, you can easily overcome any memory concerns.
Is Step 3 Required For Residency?
Most states require you to complete Step 3 before the third year of your residency program, which can be difficult to do while juggling personal obligations, residency program requirements, and acclimating to life in the US. Passing Step 3 does not guarantee admission into any residency program but can help increase your chances of being considered.
After reading this blog, you will know the three best USMLE Step 3 prep courses that are available online. We have compared them based on their features, quality of education, and customer feedback. Make sure to choose the course that is best suited for you and start preparing for your step 3 exam today!