Finding the right MCAT prep course is one of the most important steps on the way to becoming a Doctor.
You’ll be spending countless hours studying so it’s crucial that you find the course that fits your unique learning style best. No one wants to waste hours, days and weeks studying for no reason. Let’s make sure you pass the MCAT exam the first time.
That’s why we have detailed comparison tables below to help you pick the best MCAT prep course to go with. Here you can compare MCAT practice exams, flashcards, video lectures and more. This is all here to help you pass. If you have questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comment section below.
Best 2018 Online MCAT Prep Courses & Study Materials
- The Princeton Review MCAT Prep Course
- The Gold Standard MCAT Review Course
- Kaplan MCAT Prep Course
- Magoosh MCAT Study Materials
|COMPANY||The Princeton Review MCAT||Gold Standard MCAT||Kaplan MCAT||Magoosh MCAT|
|DISCOUNTS||Save $150||None||Save $250||None|
|COURSE FORMATS||Online Self-Study, Live Online||Online Self-Study||Online Self-Study, Live Online||Online Self-Study|
|FULL-LENGTH PRACTICE EXAMS||13||20||13||3|
|VIDEO LECTURE HOURS||525||30+||100||300|
|NEWEST AAMC MATERIALS|
|COURSE EXPIRATION||12 Months||12 months||Until You Pass||270 Days|
|GET STARTED||START NOW||START NOW||START NOW||START NOW|
1. The Princeton Review MCAT Review Course
- Self-Paced, Online, Live and Tutoring Options: Students can choose from a different number of course options that will appeal to virtually every type of learner from visual, auditory and more. Whether you want to learn from the comfort of your own home, attend a live, in person class, or spend six weeks in the summer at an intense workshop, The Princeton Review has a flexible course option for you.
- Quality and Quantity of Study Material: No matter which course they choose, students will benefit from an impressive number of practice questions, practice tests, online material, videos, and proprietary learning software (amplifire learning tool). The Princeton Review also stands by the quality of its instruction by offering satisfaction and money back guarantees.
- No Free Trial or Flashcards: Many students like to try a review course out to see if it is compatible with their learning style, or to compare it to other options. The Princeton Review MCAT invites students to take a free online test and attend a free workshop, but trying out the actual materials requires purchasing a course.
2. The Gold Standard MCAT Study Materials
- Practice Questions: The Gold Standard MCAT has more practice questions than any other MCAT course in our rankings. This ensures you probably won’t ever see repeats and you’ll always have plenty of fresh content to review.
- Great Value: Offering more for less is the Gold Standard’s motto and they back that up with more questions, practice tests and a better guarantee than many of the other MCAT course providers.
- Free Resources: Even if you decide to go with another course the Gold Standard MCAT has free resources on their site, including practice questions.
- Dated Platform: Compared to the other MCAT prep course options the Gold Standard just isn’t as flashy or new. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing if you prep better with the least amount of distractions but it does leave a bit to be desired.
2. Kaplan MCAT Test Prep
- MCAT Channel: Kaplan’s MCAT Channel gives students access to live lectures from 1st-rate, experienced MCAT teachers 6 days a week in addition to on demand, pre-recorded content that is available 24/7. Best of all recorded episodes can searched by interests, study needs, or even your favorite professor!
- Wide Range of Course Options: Kaplan provides students different options to prepare for the MCAT above and beyond the competition. This makes it more convenient for you for studying anywhere. Choose from in-person classes, a live online course, an on-demand self-paced class, an intense 6-week summer live session in any of the 4 cities across the USA. Live and live online private tutoring options are also available.
- Higher Score Guarantee: Kaplan’s courses come with a guarantee we all can believe in. If your score doesn’t go up, you can do the same program again at no extra charge, or (the best part) you can ask for your money back. You can study up until the very day of your exam with Kaplan’s course materials, which do not expire until you take the MCAT.
3. Magoosh MCAT Study Materials
- Visuals: When it comes to study guides, this package provides you with in-depth explanations and advice like other products, but it also has an amazing visual representation of many concepts. With full color visuals on every page, you’re going to really see what is being covered. This type of visual experience also breaks up the content, giving you a breather during your study sessions.
- Encompassing Package for Students: The study package comes replete with six preparatory materials that cover physics, chemistry (orgo and general), psychology & sociology, biology 1 and 2, and reasoning skills. Also, within each section, there are lectures – 24 questions for each lecture to reinforce the learned concepts – and plenty of descriptive information to hammer home the key concepts.
- Exams : Though there are plenty of study materials within this package, the simulated MCAT practice is really unmatched. The practice section of this package comes with 32 topical exams that are 30 minutes each and mimic the actual MCAT format. This should be plenty of practice for any test taker, especially given that this is a supplemental study package.
- Content: While Magoosh provides quality content, the amount of MCAT study materials they have is far less than The Princeton Review MCAT or even Kaplan. If you want a ton of multiple choice questions, books, videos and more then you might want to consider a different course.
Save $150 Off The Princeton Review MCAT
Save $300 Kaplan MCAT Test Prep Coupon Code
Best MCAT Prep Course Prices