Over the past few decades, the number of adults who have turned to counseling for mental health issues has steadily increased. More than ever, people are looking for help from professional counselors; for healthcare professionals, this means counseling is a career path that can have a tremendously positive impact on many people’s lives.
If you’re interested in the healthcare industry and want to make a difference, you should consider taking the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Exam. Passing the CPCE will prove to both employers and future clients that you’re capable of providing the guidance that many people need to live satisfying lives— so keep reading to learn which online CPCE study guides can adequately prepare you to start making a difference!
Mometrix University CPCE Study Guide (Rank #1)
Mometrix University is one of the most popular resources for online test prep, especially for health and nursing certifications. They currently have the best collection of CPCE review materials you can get online, thanks to an engaging and highly effective combination of features.
- 950+ practice questions
- 20+ video lessons
- 450+ digital flashcards
- 60 text lessons
- 7 day money back guarantee
- Video Instruction: Part of Mometrix University’s CPCE study guide includes video lectures. Over 20 separate video lessons are included where an instructor walks you through each topic with accompanying slides that go into greater detail.
- Question Bank: Even when compared to other courses in Mometrix’s catalog, this CPCE prep course has an impressive test bank of practice questions. There’s more than enough to adequately prepare you for whatever the actual exam can throw at you, but not so much content that you get burnt out before exam day.
- Supplementary Features: Aside from practice questions and video lectures, Mometrix offers supplementary tools that reinforce your knowledge and improve your memory. This includes hundreds of digital flashcards and several lengthy text passages, which ensure you have a well-rounded study experience.
The Bottom Line: You can immediately start preparing for the CPCE exam with confidence by enrolling in Mometrix University today. Whether you prefer to watch lectures, take practice exams, or read text passages, there’s something here to match your personal study preferences.
Study.com CPCE Prep Course (Rank #2)
Study.com is a great Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination Study Guide according to the vast majority of students who have used it. According to their internal analytics, well over 90% of all enrolled students improved their confidence and passed their exams with the aid of these study materials— so you’re in good hands if you decide to follow their lead.
- 900+ practice questions
- 100+ video lessons
- Flashcards and practice tests
- Higher score guarantee
- Practice Questions: There’s a substantial number of practice questions available with this CPCE prep course, which will have the biggest impact on your exam performance. Practicing with these questions will give you clear expectations on what you’ll need to accomplish on exam day.
- Portable Studying: Study.com can be easily accessed on mobile and tablet devices, which makes it easy to take your exam prep on the go. If you have some downtime during work or school, this makes it much easier to squeeze in some quick study sessions.
- Instructor Support: This prep course comes with over 100 video lessons taught by an instructor. However, these are pre recorded, which means you don’t have the option to reach out to the instructor if you have any questions about the material.
The Bottom Line: This is an excellent option if you want a substantial and comprehensive prep course to adequately prepare for your future career in counseling. It’s got a wide range of material that can be used anywhere, which greatly reduces hassle while increasing your confidence.
AATBS CPCE Review Course (Rank #3)
The Association for Advanced Training in Behavioral Science is a company that fully embraces the concepts that they teach to their students. If you want to learn how to be an effective counselor, you can greatly benefit from their personalized approach that closely resembles a typical counseling session.
- 600+ practice questions
- 4 full length practice exams
- One-on-one coaching
- Physical flashcards
- Instructor Feedback: AATBS includes one-on-one coaching as part of their CPCE study guide, which can have a profound impact on your professional knowledge as well as overall exam performance. This is a unique opportunity to get insight into the industry from professionals in behavioral science.
- Stress Relief: One of the most interesting features included with AATBS is hypnosis audio designed to reduce your anxiety about your upcoming exam. This is a unique addition to their curriculum that’s not actually related to the exam but can still have a positive effect on your performance.
- Flash Cards: It’s nice that you can get physical flashcards from this company, but they cost extra and aren’t included with any bundles. Still, these physical card decks are good enough to consider using as a supplement to study materials from another course.
The Bottom Line: I highly recommend enrolling in this course if you’re a fan of learning through coaching. AATBS has one of the best online CPCE courses for this teaching method, and the additional stress relief audio content is also very helpful.
ExamEdge CPCE Practice Tests (Rank #4)
Sometimes, all you want is to practice taking realistic simulations of your upcoming exams. If you’re already familiar with the content covered on the CPCE and just want to test your performance, ExamEdge is a fantastic and highly affordable resource.
- 1-15 practice tests
- Detailed answer explanations
- 4 retakes per exam
- 100% pass guarantee
- Practice, Practice, Practice: ExamEdge is entirely focused on providing practice tests that bear close resemblance to the actual CPCE exam. This way, you can get a solid understanding of exactly what’s expected of you on exam day.
- Affordable and Flexible: This is a great budget pick if you need to save money on your study materials and only want resources with maximum impact on your exam performance.
- No Extra Features: Because there aren’t any additional study materials like video lectures or text passages included with ExamEdge, it’s not great as a standalone study resource. However, it makes for an excellent supplement to another course that doesn’t have as many practice exams.
The Bottom Line: You should only consider ExamEdge if you’re already pretty comfortable with the content covered on the CPCE exam and you just need to practice in realistic exam conditions. Otherwise, a more comprehensive course like Mometrix would probably be a better fit.